Cedar Grove NC Farrier ServicesResidents in and around Cedar Grove NC know that selecting the right farrier is crucial to the long term hoof health of their horse, which is why most horse owners choose Shod Steed as the best farrier in Cedar Grove. They are well known for their professionalism in caring for your horse by utilizing a step by step process that takes into consideration all the factors of what identifies your horses’ health and their needs.
“A farrier is (or ought to be) a first line health care provider,” says Dr. Dick Mansmann, Carolina Equine Podiatry. Therefore, trimming/shoeing is a one of many components of sound animal husbandry. In keeping a horse sound, the importance of a comprehensive assessment cannot be overstated. As a partner in your horses’ health, along with you and your veterinarian, the farrier will develop of a Hoof Care Strategic Plan:
- One must begin with a review of the horses health care records, evaluating any injuries or disease, and the subsequent treatment.
- After reviewing history, attention is turned to the discipline of work and exercise in which your equine partner will be engaged.
- Next, your horse’s diet and resultant body mass index must be evaluated as these are critical factors in his general health and more specifically, his hoof health.
- The horse’s gait must be observed, walking, trotting, and in turns.
- Finally, his hoof quality must be evaluated; this includes its thickness, strength, integrity, and angles. The width, length, and shape of the bottom of the hoof must be measured and incorporated into the hoof care plan.
Paramount to successful management of your horse’s hoof health is to continually monitor and adapt the plan as necessary during the regularly scheduled follow up appointments.
As you can see, Shod Steed knows the importance of how your horses’ health is directly connected to their hoof care, and by approaching hoof maintenance using a comprehensive understanding of their health and needs will in turn provide your horse with the best possible results. This is why Shod Steed is considered to be the very best Cedar Grove farrier that is sought after throughout North Carolina. Contact Shod Steed today at 919-264-4735.